Monday, March 6, 2017

01222017 Snow in Korea and Teaching by Drawing

I think we got like 6 inches of snow, which is the most I have gotten since I have been in Korea! It has been fun playing in the snow! haha.
More importantly, we had some good things happen this week! We met with an old investigator and his friend who was kind of a preacher. (At first I thought we walked into a bible bash... but he was a band member at his church, and was very willing to listen as long as we believed in the bible and that Christ is our Savior!) The old investigator teaches an English class at the local community center and has like 40 students. So we are going to go like once a month and help him with his class. And will hopefully start meeting with him or his friend soon here!
We also were on the street and this lady from the second floor opened her window and asked what we were giving to people. After many failed attempts to throw our Plan of Salvation pamphlets to here, she ended up coming down and got the pamphlet.   We are going to meet with her this upcoming week.
We also taught our recent convert and his sister. Because we wanted to keep it fun and more interesting for them we used chalk and drew out the gospel of Jesus Christ on the table. It was fun, because they got involved in the drawing and erasing and stuff! I hope they will remember it relatively well!

We also had an activity with the youth where they went proselyting with us for like an hour. It was fun to show some people what we do!

So it was a pretty good week this week!

Thought for the week- In church two of my favorite members gave talks. Both of them just were super kind and complimentary of the spouses. It made me think of my parents who are both just kind and complimentary! Then consider my companions and anybody I work with/ have contact with and I felt like I need to express my positive thoughts much more! Often we assume people know we feel positively, when they do not always know that! They is always room to compliment!
Hurrah for Israel!
--
Elder Sabey

 About President Donald Trump and all the protests: 
I do not like that at all... He won the election! Sore losers! My companion kind of likes him. As I have listened to him talk about the election, I am starting to like Trump more. He is still stupid and impulsive, but he shows that we are not okay with what politics has become. And even though what he claims we do know if he can do, he at least will try to change things, without worrying about what was done before, because he isn't a politician! So I want to give him a shot! Good for Obama! Koreans do not like Trump. I think most foreign countries do not, because he is unpredictable and puts America first. The companionship is going well! We all get a long pretty well! We do English twice a week! One for adults and one mainly for ward members' kids! The problem is that people don't like going to churches... So most don't even give it a shot! We do basketball a little. But now that it is winter we don't do it much. We don't have enough people to play soccer, so for right now not much we can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment