Monday, March 6, 2017

02122017 Talking and being Real



Well I think this past week and a half has been a learning experience. This zone has had a huge focus on getting phone numbers. And the person I replaced is just a very sociable person. He just gets close with people so naturally and quickly. So I have been trying to do things that style and it has been cool! The basic idea is just be a real person. Always make sure that they know we are missionaries but just talk. Get there phone number and then try to meet them later, and that is when we talk a lot more about our church or our beliefs. And if they really are not interested, it is fine. They still think we are cool people and enjoyed meeting with us! I think it is the most effective method I have seen thus far on my mission. And as I have thought about it. It is something you can do for your entire life. Just talk with people an do not skip over the fact that you are Mormon. Conversations and questions naturally arise. And as we are sincere and kind, you can invite people, even people you do not know well, to learn more without it being forced.

Then my companion is just "chill." I am so impressed with the way he talks with people, missionaries, etc. He is just super awesome. So as I enjoy talking with him about things. He is thoughtful and fun, so it is great. So I am learning a lot from him as well!

This week was stake conference a ways away, so we had no investigators come to church. But we met with several people for the first time. The two that stand out in my mind is a guy I met on the bus who spends all day at a singing academy, because he wants to go into musicals. He is interested in our church and had some good questions. We met once to discuss his questions but because his dream is singing, he wasn't willing to met with us more, despite wanting to know more. Then another, who we met with was not super interested, but we just offered to teach him our basic beliefs in 5 lessons, and he agreed so we will teach him! It is interesting to see how people use their agency!

Anyway, I am enjoying life and am happy! The more I experience, the more I find I judge too much, and love to little. So that is a simple thought for the week. Christ loved much and judged (negatively) little. Way we all follow that example!

--
Elder Sabey

No comments:

Post a Comment