Monday, February 27, 2017

01152017 Winter, Service and Exchanges

Well we had the last lesson with Bak Tae Son and his wife. The English program lasts for 12 weeks. He said that he really loved meeting with us and thinks it is a blessing from God. He now tells his friends that we are good people, our church is good, and that the English program is a good idea, so he advertises for us but right now doesn't seem like he wants to only meet about the gospel! So it was a fun and sad goodbye!
The investigator that we found on the street for the sisters came to church. She seems to be progressing and what makes me so happy is that the sisters seem so much happier and willing to work hard now that they have an investigator!!

This week  was good! I went on exchanges with our zone leader which was really fun, did a lot of proselyting and got really cold!

We are on the down for investigators which is sad but we are excited about trying different ideas for finding!

Spiritual thought this week. I have been reading the Book of Mormon with the question How can we be obedient without perfect understanding? And I have been interested that often in the book of Mormon people are obedient because of the impart there actions have on others, or will have on others. I think as people as we consider the reasons we need to be obedient it is because obedience is the best way to help (or not hurt) other people. Often we think, if I am obedient, I will be blessed. But it may be even better to say, if I am obedient, they will be blessed!

In Gimpo we don't have much service but we are going to try to find some. We have done a fair amount of dish washing at these places that feed elderly people. So that is actually really fun! But my favorite service activity was helping this old lady take here trash that she collected to a recycling place! Super fun! She was just the sweetest lady!  She was a ward member!  The ward helped her get cans and newspapers and stuff and we just helped her move it all! I wish finding service was easier sometimes!

That was Bak TaeSon and his wife at our last meeting! I don't remember why we were hiding in the one but it was just funny! She lives most all of it but doesn't like the theme of "obedience." Also she is lazy so doesn't really like going to church or anything haha Just the weather this week was cold! So being outside for a while is annoying~! I think modern culture almost everywhere is against obedience!




 I think modern culture almost everywhere is against obedience! I have enough! It stays cold most winter! haha We have a conference around the holiday and we will have a speacial P-day so that is about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment