Monday, March 6, 2017

02192017 Zone Conference on Repentance

Time flies! Anyway, this week was good! A funny experience this week: We were sitting next to our recent convert and he felt my companions legs which are very strong(he played rugby) and made a comment on them. So I flexed my leg and he felt it and said "you must of studied a lot, you seem really smart." So... yeah that was rough.

This week I went on 2 exchanges, both of which were awesome. The first we met with a guy who lived in America for like 10 years and his family still lives there. They teach him in English. He used to be very christian but one day decided he is deceiving himself. Long story short, we talked about testimony and I framed mine like a science experiment. Seeing the different results of a religious life and making conclusions from those results. So we committed him to do what the missionaries say for 2 months and if he see's the results he said he would get baptized at the end of those 2 months. It was a really cool teaching experience and blessing. I felt the spirit and felt inspired.

Then the second was with the AP. He is just an awesome guy. We weren't able to do all that much, but we talked a lot. There are so many amazing people!

We also had our zone conference this week, which I think went really well! It was all on repentance. Plus president talked about some things that I think our mission needed to hear.
Last interesting experience was a dinner appointment we had last night with a family. They are just super fun people. But they admitted that their faith isn't that strong. it is still there just not as strong. I guess they feel that they aren't always happy in the church, and that happiness is the point of life. So their first goal in life is to be happy. They have been in the church for 25 years, and I don't think the will leave. her dream is to send all 4 of her children on missions. So it was an interesting combination of faith and logic and doubts. Sorry I feel like my summary utterly fails to express the experience adequately. It was fascinating!

We are meeting with a fair amount of people and are super busy. no body is progressing a lot, but I will keep you informed as things move forward with more of our investigators. This week Elder Holland comes. I am so excited! 
Anyway! I love you all!
Hurrah for Israel!
-- 

Elder Sabey

No comments:

Post a Comment