Monday, March 6, 2017

03062017 Elder Holland Had Me Raise My Hand

So Mom did ask if I ever was in the same room as Elder Holland. So I maybe didn't say this last week. But the missionary meeting he shook  all of our hands. And he remembered I was from Littleton Colorado and told a story about somebody from there and had me raise my hand! Yeah, what can I say, I am pretty special! hahahaha. 

Well this week was good! A few of the highlights. One we had interviews in our apartments with president. It was good. I think they enjoyed being in our house, and we were the last of the day for them so I think they were relaxed and just chill. I felt like they felt they didn't have worries in our home or with us, so it just was a fun and uplifting hour or so.

There was a guy who the elders before had met with. His name is EeSangUm. He went to Europe for a month, and just got back. His life goal is to find out how to be happy and share it with others. How awesome is that? So we talked about the plan of salvation. I told him how he can test God and find out if our teachings are true and gave him a soft baptismal date. If by the end of the test, he feels like God exists, he said he would get baptized. So that was super exciting. :)

We are finding and going through lots of investigators. I feel like we have a more solid group now though! Also a family that was in my first ward, just moved into my ward down here, so that was super exciting! The mom was companions with Brenda Sabey? And the son I think has connection with me for whatever reason.

Last cool moment this week. I was waiting for a subway and this grandma was sitting on the bench. She signaled to me to sit next to her. I sat down and started to talk to her. Just asked a little about her. She ended up telling me how lonely she was. She had come across from North Korea in the night when the war was starting and her whole family is in North Korea. She has no contact with them ext. She kept taking her cross necklace and kissing it. It was really sweet. Then on the train she kept looking and me, so I went and talked to her just a little more. Just a moment of connection that was beautiful!

This week I have been thinking about honesty. With several people I have talked to the theme seemed to come up. The AP from the Pusan mission just got home and is in our ward. So we talked a little. And he talked about how the key to success is knowing what you are good at. And knowing what your ward is good at. Honestly doing what you are good at. Then I was reading in the scriptures how we need to see ourselves as we truly are, even less than the dust of the earth. And I thought of something Elder Bednar said. How if we ask God to see who we truly are, it is brutal (but ultimately good.) Anyway I just have been seeing missionaries who I don't think are being self honest. And more than anything it is a little sad to see. But the more we are honest the more we will be able to progress and see how we can improve, etc.

The gospel is true!
Hurrah for Israel!
-- 
Elder Sabey

No comments:

Post a Comment