Wednesday, October 26, 2016

09192016 Choose to Endure or to Enjoy


This week was mission tour! It was different than last one for sure. Oh and awesome news, although Elder Holland didn't come to mission tour like I wanted, Elder Bednar is coming a month from today, and we are doing a combined mission conference with the Seoul mission. So that is super exciting! :) President Whiting talked a lot about companionships and seeking the spirit in our work. So some cool things that were said. President Whiting said we can choose to endure our mission or our companion, or we can choose to enjoy them. Sister Whiting said if we change our attitude from our missions being a sacrifice to them being our offering it can change our perspective. (I do think those words are very similar but do have different feelings.) One scripture I have been thinking about a lot this week is Mosiah 2:21-22 (I think). If we serve God with all of our souls we are still unprofitable servants. And all he asks us to do is to keep his commandments. So changing it to an offering of gratitude I think is a good change! :) I don't remember exactly how he said it, but he acknowledged how we can feel somewhat useless but said isn't at least a part of God's purpose of missions, you. I think knowing that is important. Even if we don't make much of a difference here, through obedience and submission to God I am fulfilling his purpose!
So it was a fun week. Because is is Korean Thanksgiving, we had a special p-day were we could not do studies and go to a cultural thing, so we went to a traditional Korean village museum thing. We then had Mission Tour the next day. So we slept at other some other elders house that night.
I really do love other missionaries. I think I am going to room with Elder Yates when he gets home from his mission. I talked with an awesome elder, Elder Andrew, and just really appreciated his attitude and personality. His companion is from the Philippines and didn't have an easy life and I think it is hard because he is getting better at English while learning another language. I just respect so many people here.
Not too much exciting things happened on the teaching front this week. We got a new investigator who is doing the English program, and it seems like he mainly has English interest.
I kind of already shared my spiritual thought. But we really are unprofitable servants. God is more than merciful to us. That is so good to know!
Hurrah for Israel!
--
Elder Sabey

No comments:

Post a Comment