Wednesday, October 26, 2016

10092016 Finding the Identity as a Servant of God




This week was a good week! We met with an older guy who  mainly has English interest, but knows a fair amount about churches and stuff. So he likes talking and is open to what we have to say. He said something interesting. We invited him to read and pray about the book of Mormon. He said no. I will study it and see how I feel about it. But until I feel its goodness in my heart, I will not pray about it. I didn't really know what to say. I just said let's start with reading.

We had zone training and our zone leader really wants to make a lot of changes. I really appreciate people like he is, who just take the lead. It isn't my style but I really appreciate him. Plus as a Korean I hope he can help our sisters a little bit! I asked my companion what he learned from Zone training and he said, "Well I feel like it confirmed that we are doing things right." That felt good to hear. 

I loved conference! I always enjoy it but feel I get a lot more after when I read the talks, so I look forward to getting the talks and reading them. 

My spiritual thought is that when we worry about what others think, or about less important things instead of what God thinks, that is when we make mistakes. Missionaries that don't speak their language because they will sound stupid, or that won't talk to lots of people because its awkward or they could get mad... etc. When we stop comparing and worrying about what others think, we can happily do the will of God. Not to mention people that do have the ability to look stupid while being confident are way more studly and attractive. I think when your identity is as a servant of God, the rest of the world falls in place and life becomes happy. Happy despite sounding stupid, or people getting mad, or whatever it is. So I am again so grateful for this gospel! 

Also I either jammed my thumb pretty bad or broke it... so that is annoying.

Also happy  birthday David! I have some good memories of David! I remember when David chose not to play soccer and said "I love soccer too much to have a coach ruin it for me." That was an awesome explanation! Also I remember when David was Captain VonTrap and in singers. How he was loved by so many people like Jesse Millar and Bret Ludwig. He is just good with people. Also I remember  him biking Slick Rock and just being a man. I love you David!
--
Elder Sabey

No comments:

Post a Comment