Wednesday, October 26, 2016

10032016 New Companion from Highlands Ranch


My companion is indeed the one from Littleton Colorado! My prayers were answered! haha. Well actually more of Highlands Ranch/Rocksborough area. He went to Thunderridge High school. I feel like in a lot of ways we are similar. More relaxed but both have a drive to be obedient and diligent. So I am super excited for the next two transfers. His name is Zachary Burridge. 

This week we had transfers, then the next day district meeting. I talked about some experiences with people living beneath there "privileges" and then talked about how we as missionaries live beneath our privileges. I committed them to write what they do to live beneath their privileges and then what the missionary "cruze buffet" (from elder Uchdorf's talk) looks like. Baptisms, the holy ghost, etc. So I am excited to see what people say.

After we became companions we had several people call us: a less active, an old investigator, and one of our investigator. It was cool just to feel like God was blessing us.

We have been thinking a lot about effective finding. We have to focus a fair amount on that as a district right now, so I am interested in your thoughts on effective finding? How did you find?
Right now we are just doing a variety! I am enjoying changing things up a lot. There was a cool idea I learned from a girl who served in New York. They would do a word of wisdom challenge thing where they have them spin a wheel and get a challendge like not drink alcohol for a week, or coffee, etc. Then we get there phone number and follow up on there challenge. And of course give a word of wisdom pamphlet. I think it could be fun. Make what we are teaching more fun and challenging so they might want to do it. So I made that wheel thing and want to try it some time soon!

I am happy and life is good. I love the idea of the Character of Christ is turning outward. I more I think about my reasons for wanting power or accomplishments or whatever, the more I realized I am selfish. The more I force my self to turn outward, the happier and the more meaningful life becomes! Christ was perfect at this, and I see church members do the same!

Hurrah for Israel!

--
Elder Sabey

No comments:

Post a Comment