Tuesday, September 13, 2016

09122016 This Week is the Korean Thanksgiving

This week was again fast. It was weird last night having to make calls again to get stats and stuff. Anyway, this week we had zone training meeting followed by exchanges with the zone leaders. It was really good for both me and my companion I think. It really had little to do with what they taught or anything, but I just thought again about obedience. So I made a list of things that I notice people often do that are not obedient. I read them to my companion and I want to read them to my district. We will hopefully become a more obedient companionship and district. It was a good day or two that I felt guided by the spirit.
In the zone leaders area there is an English branch, and we had a lesson with a family there. He teaches at the University of Utah Asia campus, and one of his students asked questions about his beliefs. Anyway, member missionary work is amazing. When members are willing to talk to friends and people about there belief, without feeling embarrassed it just opens so many opportunities. So keep doing member missionary work!
We also met with a man who is a new father so hasn't been able to meet for a while. His wife doesn't like him meeting with us but he says "I don't care, because I know you guys are all nice." haha. Anyway super nice guy with mainly English interest, but still I see potential there, so pray for him. His name is Song Young June.
And we are meeting with a new investigator today! Yay.
This week is Korean thanksgiving, so we have a special P-day where we are encouraged to do a cultural activity and then we also have our mission tour, where President Whiting will come talk to us again. (I wanted Elder Holland :( haha) 
My spiritual thought is just that I love the leaders of our church. I read Elder Bednars talk on why the church has old people guiding it and a while ago I heard a talk by elder Holland when he says that there are no people who he has met who are more in touch with the problems of todays society than the leadership of our church. Anyway, I guess I agreed with both of them so much and felt love for the apostles and prophets in our church. They are amazing men of faith and understanding. 
Hurrah for Israel!
--
Elder Sabey

No comments:

Post a Comment