Monday, February 27, 2017

01082017 Cancellations, temples, relationships and funny story

Well this week we had a fair amount of cancellations. But it was still pretty busy. We had interviews with president, and had zone training. It was all good! It was fun because we have 3 missionaries, all Korean, who are finish their missions this transfer. So they gave there "last words." One of them I lived with for 6 months in Yeoung Doug Po.  It was awesome hearing his thoughts. He was a less active when he was in college, and didn't believe in God. Anyway, he talked about why he changed and how he truly did strive to be an excellent missionary and how he wants to do all that he can to make the church succeed in Korea. And how grateful he is that we foreigners come to Korea to serve his country.  I just saw a small glimpse of how good of a person he was. Interviews are always great!

With Bak Tae Son we shared about temples. He is such an open person and willing to accept our thoughts. However, he did say he is curious about what happens inside so he said he would look it up... which is a little scary.   But I tried to direct him to our website where we explain it! He is such a good man and I hope he will eventually get baptized!! :) I truly think he will!

I think one of my greatest joys in meeting other missionaries. I went on exchanges with Elder Morazan. It is just fun getting to know people and just meeting so many good people!
Spiritual thought! I read in Enos, and I loved a little pattern I saw. He makes mistakes, feels guilt so does what it takes to repent. He receives forgiveness and then turns outward to do missionary work. For him, the work was in vain. The Lamanites were too far gone. But he worked because it is worth it to work for the lord, no matter the result. I think you see that pattern in the scriptures a lot, and with lots of people in the church. Receiving forgiveness results in the desire to share the gospel! How beautiful is that?

Anyway, this gospel is awesome! And true!

Funny story for the week. We were knocking doors and we were right near the bottom. Elder Hunsaker knocked on the door, right as a food delivery guy was coming to deliver food to the same door. So the people in the apartment already let the delivery guy in the building, so when we knocked on the door the opened very excitedly with their credit card ready! My companion didn't see the delivery guy so just started talking. Everybody was a little confused but I saw the whole thing and just started laughing! He grabbed the pamphlet and then the food and we just walked away laughing! Good moments!

To answer your questions, the missionaries are doing pretty well. Our sisters have always been a little bit of a problem but we are working on them and we kind of got them an investigator so that is awesome! I have started assigning them to do things. And then I check in at weekly planning. So one does comp study and the other controls SYL, so I don't push it I just have them check in at the end of the week. The morale seems to be okay. I think there could be improvement there.

Hurrah for Israel!
-- Elder Sabey


No comments:

Post a Comment