Monday, February 27, 2017

01022017 New Year, Obedience and being liked

Well in Korea, everybody changes age on the new year, so in Korea I am now 23! So that is super exciting! Does that mean I am the same age as Rachel? or are you 24? 
We are going to a buffet with all the Elders in the zone, so we are just doing a few minutes of emailing now and will finish later. So, I will write fast, and if you have questions I will respond later.
This week was good! I think there were 2 highlights. I gave a district meeting on a Christ like attitude. I had just studied Elder Cornishes talk, in which he encourages us to never justify, always repent, and just try!  I related that to missionary work and gave examples of how we justify disobedience. And just was able to testify that happiness comes through obedience, but even when we are imperfect, God blesses us as we do not justify sin, but strive to overcome. It was a good meeting if I do say so myself... hahaha. :) I felt the spirit. And then yesterday, we were going to an area to proselyte and without thinking got off a few stops early, and then we saw this beautiful river walk thing, and my companions wanted to talk a picture. I normally wouldn't have but for whatever reason did. There we ran into a less active and his girlfriend who I had met one time before. He wanted his girlfriend to learn about the church so he brought her to church a while ago. So we just ran into them and he invited us to talk with them.  We went with him to a movie theater and watched a movie. haha, jk, we just went outside of the theater and they had tables to sit and talk. We talked and shared a message. It felt really good, to realized that God was involved in my mistakes and choices leading up to meeting them again!
Well my main spiritual thought comes from my district meeting. Rationalizing is never okay. If we accept shortcoming and strive to overcome, we can be happy! Even though obedience can be hard at times there is never regret!  I just thought once again how important obedience is. How important striving is. How important submission is. Anyway, this gospel is true! I realize more and more how big of a blessing this gospel is!

As far as investigators, we were not able to meet with a lot of them. Something that was awesome is that when we met with Bak Tae Son he said that he was a little confused why there is a lot of super negative things in the scriptures, he asked if there was not a better way. He said that through meeting us he felt that we are good and everything. Anyway, some of his friends told him not to meet with us when he started, but he did anyway. He went back to them and said that we were nice and everything. They said we were just deceiving him. So he then replied, "maybe your church is deceiving you!"  He really does like us, and feels that we and our church is good, just as of yet he doesn't have a huge desire to change his life.
I was a little confused, but I think age changes with this new year! But they celebrate the other one a lot more. It is easier because the school ends right before the new year, and their age is super connected to their school year so yeah! It is a ward of like 60 or so. It is good! Everybody is super nice and everything! In some ways it reminds me of a small American ward! I think things are going pretty well with my companions right now!

Hurrah for Israel!

Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment