Monday, July 25, 2016

07252016 Abrahamic Covenant

  These are pictures from when he moved back to Seoul







This week was good! We were not able to meet with Adam or Han Gyu Ook. But we met with Han Jee Sung. He is doing awesome. He says he believes everything and is willing to keep all of the commandments. He even said that he fasted the night after we taught him about fasting. So that made me super happy. Yong, the Chinese guy we meet with to teach Han Jee Sung, is also awesome. He is a recent convert of like 2 years from my first area. He wanted to serve a mission, but ended up not being able to. So now he is trying to help us. He is so open and real. So those two were my highlights of the week. We also met with Beh Ha Nur who is a 9 year old recent convert and gave her here last lesson. I just bore a stestimony to her and it felt the best I think it ever has. Flowed alright and was simple but I hope meaningful. So that felt good. Today as a zone we are doing a Christmas in July and tomorrow we have my first interview with the new mission president. So should be an exciting start of the week!

My spiritual thought from the week is about the Abrahamic Covenant. I definitely don't have a super clear understanding of it, but as I studied just a little this week I found an awesome scripture.

1 Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all; 2 But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father. 3 Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world: 4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, 5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. 7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if as on, then an heir of God through Christ.

I really like that because I think it gives us an interesting perspective of our life. Like a heir to the throne of say England, who is being tutored until he comes of age, we are heirs to salvation, but are being trained and tutored by Christ on this earth. So if we accept this tutoring we can become heirs of God. Wow what a powerful promise, and motivation enough to accept the tutoring well!

Anyway I am doing well, am happy and working hard!
Hurrah for Israel!
--
Elder Sabey

No comments:

Post a Comment