Sunday, July 24, 2016

07172016 Investigators and Repentance


One year

To: Lisa Sabey, Mark Sabey

Well today all the missionaries with me at the MTC are going to meet and catch up a little bit! So that should be fun!
This week we were not able to meet with Andrew or Han Gyu Ook. But when we met with Han Jee Sung he said he wanted to get baptized with his Korea teacher who is getting baptized on the 31st. The problem is we still haven't taught the commandment and he has been doing this academy thing so recently he hasn't been coming to church. So this week when we meet with him we are going to try to teach the commandments and then try to really show him that this is a serious commitment. 

So pray for him to understand the importance of baptism while the seriousness of the covenant. Bak Hyun Oo is a sweet kid who seems to like us! He even would ask me questions and stuff pretty openly which is weird for a Korean. His dad is super quiet, but a super nice guy, so things seem to be going well there.

I think my companion is doing a little better. He is pretty awesome. We disagree about if water polo or soccer are the best sport, but I think we can get over that hurdle in our relationship! I still really like my district. We had zone training this week, and our zone leaders talked about making a Zion zone. So that was pretty awesome. And then they had us meet as a district and figure out things we can do. My district was like, I think we are already doing awesome. After our district meeting the week before we are already becoming a Zion district. So that felt good! :)

Other than that there wasn't too much exciting stuff this week.

I have been thinking about repentance recently. I guess I don't feel like I totally understand it. I can write the doctrine and everything, but I don't really know how to apply it. And so as I have been thinking about my experiences in life with repentance, I feel like what Elder Holland says is true how "repentance takes just as long as it takes to change." or something like that. For me most everything doesn't change quickly at all. And I think that is true for most people. It takes a lot of time to repent. And for me that can be frustrating in the moment. I feel like, why doesn't Got take this away from me? Or whatever. But as I look back on my life I do see steady progress towards the light. So I guess my spiritual thought, is the broader perspective we have the more accurately we see ourselves, our lives, our repentance, our progress, etc. So hurrah for this gospel which gives me the broadest perspective I know!
I love you all!
Hurrah for Isreal!
--
Elder Sabey




No comments:

Post a Comment