Wednesday, July 6, 2016

06262016 Temple P-day and Personalizing the Atonement

This week we had temple p-day. After this I think we will only be able to go like 4 times a year or something, which still is pretty awesome but less than before. We said our last goodbye to President Morrise, which is great. That was also my companion’s birthday. So as a zone we went bowling. My district bowled an average of 106.75. We lost to a district with an average of 107.25. It was rough. I am still a little frustrated at the loss. Especially because my frame I over-spun both times and only hit one pin. So I choked pretty hard...
We taught Han Jee Sung about the gospel of Jesus Christ, and invited him to be baptized. At first he was like "anytime", but I think he realized it was a little more serious than he was thinking and said he would think about it. We asked him if he believes in god and he said like 50/50, but is leaning towards believing in God. It was a cool lesson.
Sunday all of our appointments cancelled which was sad, but then we were invited to an awesome dinner and one of the sisters’ investigators. It was a great way to end the week. A new missionary couple came into the mission and they were scared that none of the missionaries will like them because they are the ones checking houses for cleanliness. And tomorrow we are their first district they are going to check. So we are going to buy them some delicious waffles and a place by our house and try to make them feel liked! I just thought that was cute that they were scared we wouldn't like them.
This week we set some good companionship goals focused on feeling the spirit more, being happier, and working on Korean. I like goals, and wish I had been better at them my whole life. Most importantly I think just being able to share and talk with somebody about hard times or struggles is really important. In a relationship where both can feel like they are helping the other I think there is more success. There are some BYU students going to the singles ward for the summer. One speaks Korea and served in the north mission. After church we talked with him for a while. He talked openly about how he felt in his mission and stuff and I think it was great, specifically for my companion. 
My spiritual thoughts this week have been on the atonement. I have been very slowly working on a little atonement thing. But I have been struggling because I guess I don't always feel like I actually know how to use it. I feel like I can kind of describe what it did, the results, etc. but actually relating it to my life is harder. Anyway I don't have like a clear answer. But throughout the scriptures Christ teaches the "gospel." Faith, repentance, baptism, Holy Ghost and Enduring to the End. Those are the requirements. As members of the church, it is a pretty simple cycle of faith, repentance, sacrament, repeat. Then I read President Uchtdorf's talk about Dresden again, and he says if we turn to God he will turn to us. The requirement isn't even being good and changing or anything, it is just turning to god, and trying to repent. Then god will take you by the hand and lead you home. A powerful promise.
I love you all!
Hurrah for Israel!
-- 
Elder Sabey


No comments:

Post a Comment