Sunday, July 24, 2016

07102016 Closing in on one year out

That is super crazy--one year out. I still feel like a new missionary. 
This week was good. Again this week we didn't do much teaching, but on the weekends we do more. We have 4 solid investigators who have a lot of potential. 

First, Han Jee Sung. We met with him and just reviewed basically the first three lessons --we had him teach us. Then we talked again about the baptismal invitation. He said next month. He also said he really likes the Plan of Salvation because it explains a lot! 

Then we have Han Gyuu Ook. He was a referral from a person in the singles ward. He smokes and drinks but is trying to stop. We have taught the first two lessons and he wants to accept everything. He is super awesome. He just really needs to stop smoking. He smokes quite a lot. Then Bak Hyun Oo  He is the 10 year old kid who is the son of  a relatively recent convert. He is cute and I think he likes us now. Then we have Adam, who also accepted a date as a goal from baptism next month, on the condition that he receives an answer. It is amazing how much trust we have in that promise. As missionaries we make that promise. And when they commit to "if I get an answer, I'll get baptized" we feel like it is  a success. Now we just have faith and try to help him understand how answers come. So the work feels like it is actually progressing now, perhaps more than it has my entire mission. 

I am really liking our district. Everybody is pretty awesome. Plus in our zone we have all 3 people from Colorado! And one of them is in our district. Colorado outnumbers those from Utah. So we have 1 from Philippines, Utah, Idaho, California, Korea, New Zealand, Colorado, and Colorado!!!!

My thorn this week was just my companion is still struggling with life. My rose was feeling more useful with the work and everything. The hardest aspect of missionary work for me is just talking to people effectively. In Korean it is weird to talk to people on the streets and people don't really like it often. So I probably take the easy way out too much. The most validating aspect of a mission is just feeling like I know what I need to be doing. Almost always I am motivated to work because I know it is what I should be doing. There is no question. So that feels good.

For our district meeting I asked people to bring thoughts on what they want from the district and thoughts on goals and stuff. One of our sisters brought a paper she entitled "the District." It talked about Alma and the 7 others he brought with him to teach the gospel with scripture references for each of them and their qualities. This works well since our district also has 8 people. So we jokingly assigned different people names. But I really did enjoy reading about them. Thinking about Alma, the sons of Mosiah, and Corianton. They were all pretty horrible people before in their lives or made some pretty huge mistakes. But they found hope and faith in Christ. So their calling, and perhaps price for forgiveness was sharing the message. I think that is a price worth paying! 
I love you all!
Happy birthday again Josh!
Hurrah for Israel!
-- 
Elder Sabey


No comments:

Post a Comment