Wednesday, March 30, 2016

03282016 Easter in Korea


First off, Happy Easter. Secondly, Happy birthday Mom!

This week we had Zone Conference. They talked about not talking negatively about others. President and his wife committed to never do it again in their lives. I remember when Mom and Dad made a similar commitment to never criticize. I am interested in what you feel the difference between criticism and, I guess, feedback is, like in any relationship? I don't want to be critical but sometimes I feel like you kind of have to point out mistakes. I don't know.

Anyway my memories of Mom. I remember one time when I got a little mad at Mom. Instead of getting defensive, she just said something like, “Daniel this doesn't seem like you. Are you okay?” I remember every year planting flowers in the garden with Mom. I remember Mom always asking me how my day was, even if I didn't really answer. I remember Mom throwing popcorn into the air during Soul Surfer. :) I remember mainly just somebody who was always there, whether I realized I needed her or not. So thank you so much Mom!

This week we had several dinners with members of the Korean ward. One was to teach the daughter that was going to be baptized the next day. My companion shared the church's Easter video. I liked that because the idea of being born again. Through Christ I have found new life. What a wonderful message of Easter and message of baptism.

We also taught Grace (Kevin couldn't come) at a member’s house. She accepted everything about the resurrection and kingdoms well. She believes that the spirit world is close. Even though people may think of it differently, I think it is powerful to feel that those who have passed on are close, and concerned with us. 

We met one cool guy this week who like 30 years ago, in the Army in Korea, hit rock bottom. So he went with his friend to church and committed his life to Christ. He just came back with his now wife to see Korea again. Ever since he committed to Christ, he stopped drinking, smoking, stopped his sex addiction, etc. I loved just meeting him and hearing his story. I love that in our church those good people in other faiths are going to heaven.

Another cool thing this week was the English branch had an Easter breakfast so we got to have a delicious American breakfast and help hide Easter eggs so that was super awesome.
This week I decided to study the law of chastity. So I just wrote a pretty short thing about why I think God gave us the law of chastity. So here is my basic thought: God's goal is raising his children in righteousness. The way this is most successful is in families where both parents are committed whole heartedly to the family. Both to each other and their children.  So before marriage we build the thought patterns and habits that you will bring into marriage. And in marriage if you are thinking about, or desiring other women or men, then you are not completely committed to the family. This week somebody asked me what my dream was. I didn't really have a good answer. I ultimately said starting a family. And I do really think that is my dream.
Anyway I fasted this Easter Sunday and am so thankful for the savior, that I can be here on a mission. have a wonderful family and mother, that I was born in the gospel, etc. I love you all!
Hurrah for Israel!
-- 

Elder Sabey

No comments:

Post a Comment