Monday, April 4, 2016

04042016 Meeting wonderful people and lots of pictures



We don't get conference until next weekend, but I am glad I got a little preview!
This week was good. We met with a Korean guy we met sticker boarding--Sticker boarding is when we have a board and we write a question on it and have people answer it by putting a sticker on one of the four answers. We  then offer free English or try to give other things depending on what the question is. Recently we have been trying to get more people to our English class so we have been doing a lot of that for English. Anyway, this Korean guy-- He seems like a really nice kid. We maybe didn't approach it the best so He maybe felt a little weird with the 30 minutes about the gospel, but we will hopefully be able to meet him again, even though he is busy. 
Son Me Gyoung is the wife of a recent convert. She, I think, will eventually join the church, she just is stubborn. But I love the way she treats her adopted daughter who can be very strong willed and stubborn. She just loves her. And gently pushes without getting (too) frustrated. That is cool to see.
This week I was talking with a lady at the park who is a Baptist. Will my companion and her husband and kids played basketball with a bunch of Koreans, we just talked about the importance of families. She chose to home school her kids, and then they got stationed in Korea, so it worked out well, and she felt like it was confirmation from God. She too just was an awesome and kind person.
Then yesterday we had a goodbye dinner for a family in the ward after which we taught a lesson to Grace. During the party I just talked to one sister who is a convert to the church. She, I guess, was abused as a child, her father is in jail for 95 years and she hasn't talked to her family in like 18 years or something. But now she is an awesome member of the church. We talked about the temple, and she said something that reminded me of Brother Engel's talk. She said the most spiritual moment she had ever had in the temple was while cleaning it. He was cleaning the celestial room by herself. She noticed a place where the wallpaper was taken off and put like a patch on it, that wasn't done super well. She notices spots was the caulk was missing, and some dents and stuff. Then she noticed a stain on the on the chairs. This whole time she was getting a little frustrated. She felt like this was the Celestial room. It should be perfect. Then a thought/voice came to her head and said something like. Why are you mad, you are here, aren't you? She realized God wants imperfect people there/ all people there. Then she went to clean a picture behind a veil and it was a picture of Christ holding a black sheep. I loved that story.
Then we met with Grace. We were teaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We watched one of the Bible video's of Jesus getting baptized. And there was a woman getting baptized and she felt like that was an answer to her prayer about baptism. She thought of herself being baptized and just felt a little confirmation which is awesome.
So basically what my week was was just meeting a bunch of cool people. I don't know how much I can do for a lot of them, but I feel blessed just to meet them.
I have been studying about the atonement in personal study. Just starting by going through all the scriptures in True to the Faith about the Atonement. So it starts with the Gospels, with the accounts of the atonement. One small detail I really liked, is in one on the Gospels, after they partake of the last supper, they sing a hymn together. I don't really know why I liked that, but I loved that music really is uplifting and sacred.
I love you all!
Hurrah for Israel!

--
Elder Sabey















































































































No comments:

Post a Comment