Wednesday, March 9, 2016

02282016

Feb. 28, 2016

Well I am getting transferred. I am going to Pyeoung Tech (평택) There are also two English Branches down there that I have partial responsibility for. My new companion will be Elder Picard. He was in our zone before and he seems super fun. He is a unique guy that I hear has a unique missionary style, but I am excited for it. I hear the apartment is nice and the English Branches feed us well, so I am excited! I guess there is a lot of farm land down there and two American military bases, so that is a lot bigger of an area than I am in now. So that happens on Wednesday. So I will say goodbye to people this week. I have finished the first three lessons in our teaching improvement program and just started the fourth. Elder Yang will become a trainer, so he will get a Korean, so he will have to give Scott and another referral (Jake) to the other Elders so they can teach them, because they are interested in English. So I feel bad for him. 
It was kind of sad saying goodbye at church. Especially to the sign language members. They are so nice. (Me and two of the Sign Language people.)



 Also the family at whose house I skyped at, the mom said she had a companion names sister Sabey. I am wondering if that was Patty, or Brenda? Her name is E You Me (easy to remember in English.) 
I will be saying goodbye to some people tomorrow and our ward will have a family home evening tonight to say goodbye to mainly Sister Leavitt and Elder Godfrey because they are both going to America. I think I am ready to leave though!
There is a Chinese guy names Yong. He joined the church maybe a year or 2 ago. He is awesome.  We would meet with him a little with Elder Swanson, but then he had to leave Korean and just came back this week. So I was thankful I can meet him one more time before leaving as well. Sunday felt just really good. :)
Anyway, I was thankful to read about Grandpa's Funeral. I have loved the talks I have received and am sad I could not be there. Hopefully you edited what I said! I just kind of wrote quickly my thoughts. 
So for my spiritual thought this week, I was reading in Revelations, which is a prophesy of the last days. I loved the first few chapters. Obviously there is some weird imagery, but basically it said if you endure the trials, or temptations, etc. then you will be saved. It just really emphasized that it is ok that it isn't easy, but endure it well. It reminded me of Joseph Smith and D&C. Anyway, I don't expect any part of life to be easy. But I am very slowly coming to be okay with trials. Just having the wider perspective of eternity is so freeing. It is such a blessing.
Hurrah for Israel!
-- 

Elder Sabey

No comments:

Post a Comment