Tuesday, May 31, 2016

05302016 Back In Seoul

So this area is right next to my old one. It is cool. We walked right be the island-ish thing where I used to proselyte quite a bit. This house is super "chill." We all like talking which can be super fun and not good at the same time. I already like them all. Elder Cowles, Elder Perry and my Ethan Fleming. My comparnion is from Hickory, North Carolina. He is very athletic. He likes Baseball, Football, and Basketball. He got some offers to go pick D1 baseball but went on a mission instead. He is going to go to BYU. Nice kid. A little taller than me. Dark hair. Good at winking... Any other questions? The big event in the apartment though is that the day before I came they were playing soccer and Elder Cowles got hit pretty hard in the pinky. It just hit it perfectly, and it turns out is is broken pretty bad. So he needs surgery. It is his last transfer and I don't know all the reasons but they first said he has to go home. But President Morrise may be resisted a little. Anyway elder Cowles had to call his parents, one of whom is less active, and they both said very strongly that he should go home. So he has to probably choose today. Either do what he parents want and what the doctor first suggested or go home like 5 weeks early. So that has been a little emotionally rough for him.
One little miracle. We had nothing else to do so we went street contacting for like 3 and a half hours. We got back by our house at like 8:30. I just kind of suggested we keep going, instead of going home, and try to get some phone numbers since we have to send in that stat. After that we started talking to this guy and two girls who were my age. We ended up getting all of their phone numbers, which caused us to be a few minutes late actually. But the point it when we try to be obedient and work hard God rewards us!
We met with one cool guy this week who is our investigator. Yeung Choung Gu. He seems super sincere, with many doubts. But he is thinking about setting a goal for a baptism date. So prayers would be nice. We also have a little 9 year old recent convert. We started reteaching the lessons and it was cool. We just asked what she remembered. And asked her to explain some of the analogies the missionaries used when teaching. It was awesome. She really understood most of it and apparently that was way different from when she first learned. She is the daughter of a less-actives so hopefully in the long run this will help them as well.
Our apartment is pretty nice. We have a study room for each companionship and 2 bathrooms. Then a closet room with a little closetish thing with our washer and where we put our luggage. Then our kitchen and dining room is nice and where me and my companion sleep. So pretty nice over all. The best things is that we have AC. Most apartments don't. So I timed this perfectly. Just as it is getting hot I get AC. 
Thinking about Elder Cowles and everything. I thought "very seldom will you regret putting a relationship first." Obviously there are exceptions, like when parents don't want kids to go on missions at all or to join the church. And this situation is unique as well, but I think God really wants us to make good relationships with people. Because it is in relationships that we really test our Christ like attributes. It is in the walls of our own home we will have the greatest influence (and I think do the best missionary work.) It is with our closest friends were we can truly cause or help cause a change. Like you all believe, life and eternity and Zion really is all about relationships. 
I love you and love meeting great people here in Korea. I also love America! happy Memorial Day!
Hurrah for Israel!

No comments:

Post a Comment