Tuesday, May 31, 2016

05222016 Transfer Call to No Ryang Jean

We got transfer calls! I am moving back up to Seoul. A place called No Ryang Jean. My companion will be Elder Fleming, who I was with in the MTC (difference districts, but still it is cool.) That is the ward that we would do soccer with every week in Yeoung Deong Po. So I get to do that again!
This week there wasn't too much to report on. We taught Zach pretty much the 3 fun laws (Chastity, Word of Wisdom, and Tithing) all in one sitting. He seemed really open to it all. I think he is already doing well on them so that is awesome. We went on splits with some people in the ward so we could teach both Abby and Ola and Grace and Kevin at the same time yesterday. So I went to Elder and sister McPheron's home and taught Ola (Abby ended up not being able to come.) I just shared Helaman 3:35. And talked about the daily things as the key to conversion and answers to prayers. And while we were waiting for him to come and stuff I got to just have a good talk with Elder and Sister McPheron. They are great!
Other than that we went and played some basketball, Frisbee and soccer with kids at the park and 5 of them came out to English class, so that was pretty awesome! I really enjoy teaching English.
I read Jacob 5 again, but I guess just focused a little bit more and just thought it was good how accurate it was compared to I guess the history of the Church from the beginning until now. I loved how in the end, his re-grafts all the original branched on to the original roots, but doesn't destroy the bad. He waits for the good to overcome the evil. I guess that may be more of a postmillennialist perspective, but I like the idea of him waiting for the good to overcome the evil before coming the last time. I guess it gives us motivation to overcome evil now!
Elder Yates, in my house is going to Mok Dong where No Da Bean is. So that will be cool! :) 
Life is good and happy! We met a guy names KP who older missionaries had met and left a Book of Mormon for. He showed up and told quickly his story of being completely drunk and how the missionaries still wanted to talk with him. Now he started Alcoholics Anonymous. He I changing and was really touched by all the missionaries did and him going through a book of Mormon and highlighting good passages and sharing his testimony. I just am amazed at the goodness of people sometimes. It is pretty great. 
Hurrah for Israel!
-- 

Elder Sabey

No comments:

Post a Comment