Tuesday, May 10, 2016

05102016 French lessons and life

This week was another good week! The highlights were again probably meeting with Grace. So one of the MTC teachers (not mine) while I was there came and visited his brother who is in the English Branch.  I recognized him and pointed him out to my companion. I also recognized his wife but couldn't figure out how. It turns out his older brother, not the one in our branch, was my companion’s MTC teacher, so that was cool. So we talked with him and his wife. She served a mission in Tahiti speaking French. We wanted to do some missionary activity with her husband, and she kind of jokingly said, well if you are teaching anybody in French let me know. So I was like “Well, actually tonight we have a lesson in French.” So we invited them, and they came! After thinking for a little bit I connected where I knew her from. She was in my French and Italian cinema class at BYU! So we went to the Decosta's house, and they invited a friend for dinner who ended up staying and so we kind of separated into two groups, I was with the friend and the Decosta's answering her questions about our church, and my companion went with the other two for a French lesson and they taught tithing and fast offerings. Grace said she is already fasting and praying a lot about her baptism so that is awesome! Because the base is doing a drill thing, we couldn't meet with Zach this week. Lee Byoung Gap dropped us because he maybe kind of offended his friend who is a preacher at another church. So that was sad.
[Answers to Dia’s questions:]  Well, I look out the window and there are other apartment buildings... haha. No I mostly just quickly get ready and try to force myself to work out. Not like happy or sad just kind of am. My favorite part of the mornings are just the studies. It is a good solid time to learn and have silence and feel good and stuff. I am not a huge breakfast guy, so I eat some cereal, or bread. But often I don't eat anything. Well my companion is my district leader, so we get along alright... haha. But I like our zone leaders! I do eat peanut butter relatively regularly, but I have lived near a bunch of Americans! :) Yeah I had a little bear shower head! There’s nothing super awesome that I want to take home. Just some of their fashion maybe?

We had zone training this week which was awesome, and I passed off my last lesson in TIP so now all I have to do is pass them off with the AP's! Yay, almost done!
My spiritual thoughts this week have been focused on the first chapter of PMG, which is my purpose as a missionary. I guess no major insights, just the fact that this is what God wants me do do! That as I strive to do what he wants me to do, he will work through me! And that is comforting.
Hurrah for Israel,
-- 

Elder Sabey

No comments:

Post a Comment