Wednesday, May 18, 2016

05162016

Hello everybody!
What did everybody do to celebrate Matt's birthday? So I guess I will start with my memories of Matt. I remember playing basketball and slamball like everyday and getting a little frustrated that he would beat me most of the time. I remember one time in his senior year he took me with him to an Arapahoe basketball game. So instead of hanging out with friends he hung out with me. I remember hanging out at BYU and after some finals going to get some Jamba Juice to celebrate! Also him rocking defense and offense on our soccer team. Mainly I just remember a smile on his face! Happy birthday Matt, I love you!
This week was good. The highlights were as follows. On Thursday we had our temple P-day which is always great. Then we went back to my last area and played football and frisbee with some elders from our zone. That was fun! Then on Friday, we taught Zack. He is just a little quiet, so he can be a little hard to read. Though it was funny, we ate dinner at this family's house, who are both very nice, but just a little unique. They both are super excited to be in Korea because they like League of Legends. And apparently USA was playing Taiwan in the semi-finals. The winner was playing Korea in the finals. USA was winner 1-0 but it looked like Taiwan would tie it up in the second game. Hahaha. It is like a sport. They had announcers and one of the guys on the American team is Korean but came to America on a sports Visa. So we learned a lot from them... haha :)
Then on Sunday we met with Grace and Kevin! However, because they misplanned they trip up to Seoul a little wrong they ended up showing up 3 hours late. Yup 3 hours! So we ended up just having dinner with the family and sharing a message with them and then moving over to the McPherons house (the couple missionaries in our district) and taught them there. It was good. We have to review for Kevin since he missed a lot!
So those were the highlights. I have been studying mainly from PMG and the Book of Mormon. So that has been good! One thing the PMG points out is the difference in success between say Abinidi and like Ammon. God loved and blessed both men, but Abinidid died without a "baptism." I guess I never felt like I needed baptisms to feel successful, but I think about how often we compare. Our test scores, or sports abilities, or whatever. I guess I just felt like God does with us, constant assurance of love overcomes comparison. I don't know if that makes sense haha.
I love you all!
Hurrah for Israel!
Happy Birthday Matt!
-- 
Elder Sabey

No comments:

Post a Comment