Sunday, December 6, 2015

112615 Thanksgiving, NaDaBean and Sports

Time flies. I still feel really new as a missionary. Which I am but it is crazy to think it is winter and I went into the MTC in the summer... Anyway this week was fun. The highlights are as follows.
Thanksgiving was cold and is started to snow! None stuck to the ground but still it was cool. We went to the temple in the morning, which is always great. President Morrise's brother is in the English branch. So him with help of some of the branch members made our zone Thanksgiving dinner.


 Then after we went and had a turkey bowl with the guys in our zone. That was also super fun. So we kept the tradition. Then we had our basketball night as we always do on Thursdays. Thad, a really cool kid doing a study abroad comes every week, even without his Mormon friend. He has a Korean girlfriend. We have been joking with him to have her come, so he finally asked her to come and she is coming in 2 weeks. Haha. But that is right before he goes home too, so if nothing else he now likes and respects Mormons now. I really like him. 
Friday we had interviews with the mission president, and my companion had to pass off the teacher prominent program with the AP's. The interviews went well. I passed. We mainly just discussed faith which is what our mission has been focusing a lot on. I really appreciate President and Sister Morrise. They are real and faithful. 


Then on Saturday we had Kim Jang. It is making kimchi. So a bunch of people from the ward bring all the cabbage and ground peppers and stuff and me made kimchi. It takes a fair amount of work, but now our apartment has 12 heads of cabbage made into kimchi. After we had lunch and a mini Olympics. It was a little funny. The ward rescheduled it for us to when the thought it would be best. It turns out that the youth were doing baptisms, the bishop had sugary and so we only got like 12 people there. We wanted like 30. But the bishop wants to do it again. No matter what it was still fun. The kids loved all the games. Plus there were 3 investigators so that really wasn't too bad. No Da Bean has been sick so we had to cancel several meetings with him.

                                                                                 
                                                                                  Na Da Bean

 We still are going to try moving forward with the baptism at the end of the week. That really is our only real investigator. Meeting with Jung Soon Eh is hard because she is a female and doesn't like doing lessons in public. So yeah those were the highlights. Pretty fun. I wish we could be teaching more people. This is Elder Grossgebauer's last full week, so we are going to try to say goodbye to some people and as a nice side note maybe get fed a fair amount. I will probably stay in this area since he is leaving.
So yeah that is exciting. I feel like there had to be better ways of finding people. Any ideas? What was most effective on your missions?
I really do have so much to be grateful for. That we have the means for me to be on a mission, that I can be a member of this church, be the favorite child in a wonderful family, a new niece that nobody has sent pictures of... I found out about it from Matt... so yeah thanks Matt! Because most importantly the Atonement. I loved Brian's essays he sent me and Matt's talk. One of my missionary friends in America apparently was struggling a little bit ago. Seeing abused women and drug addicts wears on the soul. Anyway I responded by using both Brian's essays and Matt's talk. I love how Christ is our "mother" and no matter the mistakes, the persecution, or abuse he endured (more than anybody ever) he never stopped loving or extending a helping hand. Anyway I love this gospel. As inadequate as I am to be here I am glad that I am. I want to help people in the most meaningful way possible. And there is nothing more meaningful than this gospel and the grace and love of Christ. So I love you all. Zion or Bust! Hurrah for Israel!
Elder Sabey

No comments:

Post a Comment