Monday, December 14, 2015

12142015 New companion, Faith and Trust with out clear answers--just Fruit

This week was rough. Joking!! My companion is super fun, I enjoy being with him. Again we don't have many investigators. So we will have to do a fair amount of finding. But our mission president wants us to give out all of the church Christmas cards so we will probably do a fair amount of that and caroling and stuff, which is exciting.
With my last few days with Elder Grossgebauer we said goodbye to people and did just a little bit of street contacting. With his investigator from his previous area, we went to a sushi bar, which I think was my first real sushi ever. It was good but we had two other people feed us that day as well so we didn't eat a whole bunch. I think I like it more that cooked fish.
Elder Swanson is from Milford Utah, a tiny town in Utah. He like sports, especially basketball. I don't know what all to say about him. He is a cool kid.
The English Branch had their Christmas party so we had some delicious homemade casseroles. A taste of America. Our Saturdays are always a little crazy since there is English class and ward activities. I also started the new language program. We do each lesson in English and memorize scripture references and scriptures. Then we translate each principle into Korean, and teach my companion each principle in the lesson in Korean. Once I do all the principles in a lesson, I do the lesson to the Zone leaders. I like the idea of this program. Trying to teach to your English ability and style, where you can really make the lesson your own. So I am excited.
This week I have been thinking about faith and trusting God, and expecting thing from God. They are certainly connected. So God often says if we ask and believe (trust?) then he will answer. But when I pray to, say, know the church is true, I don't expect an answer (at least in the way we often imagine it.) I expect it to require faith. And kind of like I said last week, I expect my testimony to be mainly based on the fruits. But is it a lack of faith that I don't expect an answer? Is that why I haven't received a clear answer? But then I think of Alma teaching the poor who are humbled because they are poor. He goes on to say that more blessed are those that have no cause to believe and believe. Or something like that. Anyway so is it better to not expect an answer and remain committed? I don't know. Those are just some of my thoughts that hopefully are sensical. (Google corrected that spelling to nonsensical. Is sensical a word?) Right now and for a while I have been praying to be able to trust God, with or without a clear answer. So more blessed am I than Alma the Younger right? hahaha. JK. I also love how his testimony was based on his fasting a praying and applying the gospel, not on the angel. Anyway random thoughts from Daniel. I may have already shared a lot of those with you, I don't remember.
Wow, Dad got called as stake president. Crazy! I love Brother Blaylock. He is such a genuine man. And Brother Marble, I know less well but have been impressed with him. Good picks dad. :) That is cool that you felt like you were being prepared. I would love to hear more about that. Also you will get to release me so that is cool. I didn't even know the stake presidency was changing. What is Nathan Blaylock's email? And I would still like some more pictures of both babies.
I got my Christmas package! The birthday one must have gotten lost. But thanks! I love stockings and flibbers. I love the Christmas season. I love this gospel. I am happy here!
Hurrah for Israel!

Elder Sabey

No comments:

Post a Comment