Monday, November 7, 2016

11272016 Gimpo

I couldn't think of a good title so Gimpo is all I got! This week was good. Sadly one of our investigators who had a baptismal goal has been busy and then had a little car accident so is in the hospital! So he said he won't be able to meet for a little while more! Which brings me to a fun fact about Korea culture. They go to the hospital for everything!! So also our recent convert's daughter got sick, and so they went to the hospital on Sunday and didn't come to church or the fireside.
We made a family home evening thing so that some of our investigators could meet members. None of them ended up being able to come, so our sisters were super stressed but we ended up getting two high school students to come. They are both a little weird but they seemed to really enjoy the games and stuff!
I don't remember what I said last week, but my focus is on become consecrated. I have really enjoyed this week. Focusing on always being effective. I think I was more bold talking to people, and pushed my district and companion a little more. I feel sad when I see people not living up to there potential! 
Perhaps one of the things I have realized the most these past few transfers is that relationships really are complicated. Without people's trust or respect you cannot ask them to change.
Anyway best story for the week. I will tell it from my companions perspective first. "I was sitting behind elder Sabey and a young guy in TaeQuonDo cloths sat by him. He started talking to him and asked how old he was.He said 19. So elder Sabey asked how old he thought I was. He said 28. Well we are actually the same age. So he thought that was cool. He was pretty good at English, so I said 'your handsome!' to which he replied 'I'm a girl...' 'Oh... you look... good..." Anyway this girl with a guys hair cut sat by me. We normally don't talk to the other gender but we made eye contact and I felt awkward not talking so I did... Then the whole age thing happened. I realized my companion thought she was a guy (I don't know how he missed the high voice thing...) so I was typing in my phone "girl" to show him, but when I got to the r it was too late he had called her handsome. Anyway, I gave her an English pamphlet and she texted us! So that was a funny experience this week!
Anyway, I truly believe that when we lose our life for the gospels sake we save it! Happy thanksgiving! We didn't do anything special except wish each other happy thanksgiving! There is so much to be thankful for! I am thankful to be in Korea, to be on a mission, to be born into a wonderful family, to have lived in America, to live in the modern times, to be in the church, for Christ, for Elder Holland :), for a Prophet, etc. Life is good!
Hurrah for Israel!
--
Elder Sabey

No comments:

Post a Comment