Sunday, November 27, 2016

11202016 Leading with Faith

Well this week wasn't super exciting. Bad news, our recent convert feels like his daughter isn't prepared to get baptized (which lest be honest, who really is at American age 8?) So she probably won't get baptized soon. The son will however! :) Also our other investigator with a baptismal date has gotten very busy so we haven't been able to meet the past couple of weeks... So that is really too bad. But we will hopefully meet with him this week!
Now the good news. I think I had the most miraculous lesson I have ever had this week. It was with BakTaeSon And his wife was sick so it was just him. We talked about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He had read Alma 32 like 4 times to make sure he understood if for our second meeting, and always is good and asking questions and is starting to feel like our church is different from other churches. So we had assigned him to read the Pamphlet about the gospel of Jesus Christ. He had and so we just asked him question about his understanding of it. He explained faith well (far better than I could in Korean) and then we asked him how it is related to repentance. He nailed it again. Explained how if we believe in Christ and want to become like him we must strive to change! He explained how one of his frustrations with churches is that they "repent" every Sunday but then got back and do the same thing over again, and how that is not repentance! You get the idea. He taught the entire lesson. So then I just asked him, how is your "seed of faith" doing? He said "I think spring is coming. A warm wind is blowing." So I asked him about church and he said basically that a change will take time but he was wondering if we had a church party or something that he could start with and get to know the people. I was just amazed that whole lesson. He was just real and open to faith! That is so impressive to me! 
Anyway, things are going well in Gimpo! there has been some real interesting drama with the sisters so prayers on their behalf will be appreciated! 
I have started reading the Book of Mormon with a question as Elder Bednar does and it has been good! Nephi is such a great example of obedience despite a lack of understanding. He always leads with his faith. I know God has blessed me. I know the commandments of God can be fulfilled. etc. I do now know all things. I do not know how I can do it. etc. Nevertheless I will move forward. I will try. etc. I think as I read the Scriptures that that pattern will become clear! Start with faith, acknowledge your limitations, lack of knowledge, and doubts, and move forward! Starting with faith seems to be centered on reading the words of God and praying to him! It has been good just seeing these patterns and just focusing in on them!
The Gospel is True and it is amazing! :)
Hurrah for Israel!

No comments:

Post a Comment