Thursday, August 25, 2016

08222016 Gimpo is Big


Hello!

This week has been interesting. We had to get my last area all ready for the new Elders and am adjusting to my new area. Gimpo is really big. We can still be in our area after taking a bus for a couple hours. So we have a book for a map, not just a map. haha. 


Anyway, it was good being able to say goodbye to some people before leaving my last area and sharing last thoughts with them. It was good. Thus far in Gimpo we haven't had too many meetings, they have been cancelling a lot. So not too much to report on my new investigators.

One miracle though. My first day here I complimented a guy’s shoes to start a conversation. Pretty quickly he just asked me why I came to Korea. I told him a little about our purpose. He said he had seen us walking around that area a lot and always wanted to talk to us. So he asked if we had time and we went to Paris Banquette and basically taught the first lesson. He said he would be interested in coming to church and English. He came to English and said next week he would come to church. 

 The area is considered really "country" but I am still living on the 18th floor of a building. Korea is like that though. No matter where you go there are basically only apartments and the like, no houses. There just isn't enough room for many homes with yards. And this next week we get to go help a brother with some farming I guess, which I am excited for—o See how things are done in Korea. 

My district has 4 elders 4 sisters. My companion speaks mostly Korean but wants to learn English.
I really am enjoying him. He is technically an American, because he was born in Oregon but he doesn't speak English very well, since he grew up in Korea. I like my new district as well. We have 3 Koreans, and the Coloradan from my last district moved with me up here. It is amazing how quickly you can adjust to a new life/house and everything. My house has no AC, which is sad. I had trouble sleeping the first night, since I was sweating all night, but now I am sleeping well!
Sorry not too much exciting stuff this week. My spiritual thought this week comes from this morning. A recent convert here JangGyoungSue has a 10 year old son. So the last commitment for him was to pray with his family. He texted this morning and said he finally prayed with his son last night. He just said he was happy and his heart was full. I loved that. I felt like that was the image of this gospel. People coming together in righteousness, specifically families. And the lord will always give those tender feelings of love when two or three gather in his name.
I love this gospel!
Hurrah for Israel!
-- 
Elder Sabey


No comments:

Post a Comment