Sunday, August 14, 2016

08142016 Crazy Transfers

We had transfer calls this week, and like the entire mission is changing. Both me and my companion are leaving, one of the sets of sisters in my district are also both leaving. Both of which will be white washed and training. And this happened all over the mission. The office elders too are getting white washed. I only know one companionship that I know that isn't changing. So this is going to be a big change. And next maybe two transfers we get like 40 new missionaries. So transfers are going to be fun for the next little while. I am going to GimPo with Elder Kim Jean Suk. That is where my second companion served for a long time and loved. So I am excited. I think there is an island in my area where we can see north Korea so that should be exciting! So we have already started but will have to do a lot more of just writing down everything the new elders need to know about the area.
We are leaving this area with quite a few investigators. So it feels good to leave it better than we found it. It will be interesting to see what happens with a new set of missionaries.
This week was a good week. We were able to meet with a referral for the first time and he is awesome. I also met with No Da Bean again, the guy who got baptized in my first area. I went on exchanges with our zone leaders, and taught some good lessons.
I gave like a goodbye talk thing they always have missionaries do, and one of the members really liked it. It was short and to the point. It was my last suggestions (specifically for the church in Korea.) That felt good honestly. He talked after me and referred to what I said a lot.
So all in all it was a good week. I gave my "last lecture" to my district. I really enjoyed that. I talked about how our ultimate goal is to become one with God. So then I talked about how the best way to do that is by becoming one in righteousness with others. Ultimately with spouse and children, but right now with companions and investigators. And ended with my two suggestions: always accept the need for rules and obedience, and never value being right over a relationship. So ultimately just be humble. As I thought about what I wanted to say in my last lecture, I felt strongly about those things. Those are thoughts that feel true and powerful to me. And once again, I thought of how my parents and siblings have impacted my thoughts so much. Again thank you :)
Another fun things this week is I read the Sermon and the Mount and the same thing in the Book of Mormon and just compared the few differences. Super interesting. The Book of Mormon is true. Again I felt that as I read and compared with the Sermon on the Mount.
I am excited to see what lies ahead!
Hurrah for Israel!
--
Elder Sabey



Mom asked about how we get around:  We normally walk. But if we are far away we take the subway, or mid-distance bus. Anyway, the transportation is amazing in Korea, but we just try to save money and walk places. 
My district is great. But everybody is changing... Elder Perry is my comp. Elder Peterson is from Colorado, and will be in my district again next transfer. Elder Kim June is the Pianist who played Piano like a bunch everyday. Sister Hintze is awesome, from Idaho and goes home this week. She is super nice, and likes racquetball. Sister Djano is from the Philippines, she is super energetic and fun. I really appreciate her. Sister Tuaputa is from New Zealand/Australia and is like Islander. She is also fun and probably the most emotionally up and down in the district. Sister Whipple is from Moab. She works hard and is also super fun. So yeah there is the real quick summary.

No comments:

Post a Comment