Monday, January 11, 2016

01112016 Our Perspective, Judgment and a Drunk Man in a Restaurant



Spiritual thoughts or insights this week:   I thought about how, from our perspective, it can be hard to work with people with pretty major problems or we can be judgmental of them.   Always their problems are harder on them than they are on us, so the best thing we can do is love them!  Also I love general conference.  The prophets and apostles are such good amazing people, who teach truth. Just studying last conference, I feel they are sent of God.
So this week there was probably the funniest/ weirdest moment of my mission so far. We went to dinner with a new investigator and he took us to this little restaurant his sister owns inside this market. We were eating where you sit on the floor. You have to take off your shoes and then step up on the dining area. Anyway there was this drunk guy sitting at the American style tables and was just yelling, cussing, singing, etc. Our investigator was trying to  explain something in English but forgot a word and said something like "what is that?" Anyway the drunk guy said something right then so our investigator thought he was answering his question. So they started talking. The drunk guy called our investigator "dang sheen" which means “you” but is really offensive because he was a lot younger than our investigator and stuff. Anyway they got in a little argument but then our investigator just started ignoring him and talked with us. The people at the restaurant tried to get him to leave but he wouldn't. Eventually our investigator called the police. Anyway the drunk guy stood up and walked right to where you take off your shoes and just stared at us and sang songs. We just didn't look at him. Finally he took off his shoes and came up to our area of the restaurant. Our investigator immediately stood up and left. So we were stuck with a drunk  guy just walking towards us. I was the one closest to him so he came right up to me and sat down and grabbed my hand and sang to me. He said he loved me and I was like, yup love you too. He then went to kiss me and got my check. He was like "kiss" "kiss". And went for another kiss. I just gave him my forehead. He then wanted to kiss my companion and my companion would only give him his hand. He talked to my companion and said "younger brother" (which is normal to call younger people). My companion said yeah? "Younger  Brother" "Yeah?" "Younger Brother" "Yeah?" "Your stylish" "You are  too!" "Me stylish?  hahaha" and then fell over laughing. Finally the police came. It took them a while to finally get him to leave. It was super awkward and weird. But funny at the same thing. But perhaps mainly sad.

Also last week I ate dog soup. So that was exciting. It wasn't great meat so I didn't love it but the taste was pretty good! And actually quite a bit of meat.  More importantly than all of this, this week was a little slow. We had Zone training. It was good. They introduced some new rules. The idea is to get us out on the streets in our area more. Or at least just doing something worthwhile in our area more. So they took out spiritual prep before district meetings which was normal before and stuff like that. We weren't able to meet with many people. We will see if the investigator with the drunk guy will want to meet with us again after that. Jeoung Soon Eh came to church again and we will meet with her again. Andrew seems to really connect with us. He now has a little more free time so likes to hang out with us.  But I am not sure how much sincere interest he has. He definitely is Christian but I don't think he wants to participate in a church or change some things in his life. We will see. We are also meeting with him tonight.
The language  is slow but  is  progressing. Anyway life is good. I love you all.
Hurrah for Israel!

Elder Sabey

No comments:

Post a Comment