Monday, January 4, 2016

01042016--New Years in Korea

I'm 22 in Korea.  How cool is that? Yeah everybody's age changes at the new year, well at least when you eat this rice cake stuff, and then your age changes. So I did and am now 22 in Korea.

 Anyway we didn't do any major celebrations for New Years as a ward. But New Years is a pretty big holiday. Most all stores were closed on New Years as opposed to Christmas during which most stores were open. 
This week there wasn't any huge news. Our bishop gave us a list of names of less actives from like 10 years ago with their addresses and stuff and we were supposed to check if any of the information was correct. So we spent one day, well 4.5 hours walking around finding these houses. Basically they all have moved or were not home, or the address or apartment didn't exist. One had a correct phone number. We talked to a lot of cool people that day too. It was fun. Just a lot of walking around. We also had basketball that night, so we were both pretty sore the next day.
I got a lot of Christmas emails, so thank you! The vacation seems to have been super fun, both in Kamas and Nashville.
Brian in one of his letters wrote that he and Dia had an all to infrequent scripture study that felt very guided my the spirit or something like that. I guess I felt that same yesterday. I was fasting to be guided in setting year/ mission goals. So I set them. I didn't find any scripture or something that answered my question,  but I just felt they came easily to me. Things that are simple and easy enough to do that can add together to make the bigger changes I want. Anyway that felt very good. We had President and Sister Morrise attend our district meeting. It was good. I like them a lot. He got a little mad, or gave us some correction, because as a district we mainly talk in English during meeting like that. Perhaps for good reason, and perhaps not, I don't know. He then felt horrible so sent everybody an apology text and stuff. It was nice of him though. He is very real and I appreciate that a lot more than looking like the perfect example. 
We met with Andrew on New Years. He teaches English, I think I have told you about him. I really like him. I think he is looking for something more in his life, whether or not he realizes. He likes us missionaries, but doesn't want to really learn from us much, just be friends. Thus far we have still had good church discussions the past two times, that are just not in a traditional lesson format. So some prayers for him would be great. No Da Bean got work off on Sundays so he can go to church every week which is great. He loves Sherlock, and I guess a movie just came out, so he called me and talked with me for a little about it and about his life. That was fun, it feels good to have somebody call you just to talk, and maybe practice English a little bit... haha.
Anyway I am sorry there wasn't too much I feel like I can report on today. My main thoughts have been on goals this week. I loved Elder Uchtdorf's talk on faith. How skepticism isn't impressive, that is easy. But faith, takes effort, and truly is impressive. So that is my goal.
I love you all,
Hurrah for Israel,
-- 
Elder Sabey

No comments:

Post a Comment