Monday, February 8, 2016

02082016 New Years In Korea

I finished reading all the Christ/Plan of Salvation centered chapters suggested in PMG from the Book of Mormon today. I guess I feel like I know the ideas pretty well and those chapters are all pretty famous. Obviously I can still learn a lot more. But I guess I just feel like every time a read it I just feel again the awe-someness (awe inspiringness?) of the plan and of Christ's sacrifice. It truly is a perfect plan.  To answer some of mom's questions. Serving my companion: I just try to let him make as many choices as possible, where to eat, what to do on P-day, etc. because I don't care and would rather just make him happy than do something I want to do. We both do dishes some times. His family are all members so he has always been a member. His conversion as far as he has told me was kind of deciding to go on a mission and at the beginning of the mission just by having to really face the decision and seeing if he really believes. I feel Gods love the most probably when listening to or reading General conference (mainly Elder Holland’s talks) haha. Or just reading awesome things about God, the church, family, etc.

It is another New Years in Korea, the other holiday that Korean's can call their parents. So again Seoul gets kind of emptied for a few days. So we walked along the street for like 15 minutes last night and maybe passed 3 people. Yeah. So we spent some time making cards for the ward and it ended up being a pain because we had to print them and the guy there was rather unprofessional and took forever. He was sleeping when we came in and even when we touched him he didn't wake up! Then we laminated the cards and it just took a long time. Then my companion skyped his family. [The Korean’s skype their family on their New Years, not Christmas]  We also went to our bishop’s house again since each companionship has a new member. It was cool. Our bishop went to MIT. Smart guy! Their home teachers came as well as a missionary who used to serve in the ward. So it was an awesome night. We also had zone training this week. Other than that we have done a lot of street contacting and have met with a few potential investigators. So it has been a good week!
We have a multi zone conference this week for the holiday and then interviews with the president. So I am excited for this week.

Anyway I love you all!
Hurrah for Israel!

-- 

Elder Sabey

No comments:

Post a Comment