Monday, November 16, 2015

111615 Peperos, Memories of Dad,and Our life

Hello!
This week was pretty exciting. The funnest/funniest moments this week was when we met  with Jung Soon Eh. She has been trying to get my companion, when he goes back to America to join her company which  is pretty much just a copy of Nuskin.  We scheduled to  have dinner with  her and she brought  two of her Chinese friends and her "boss"(if  that really exists in a  pyramid scheme). They tried to get him to join before we actually went to dinner. Then we went to dinner at this meat restaurant. Since we were kind of their consumers they bought us a bunch of meat and soda while they bought beer (I guess it was closer to vodka.) It ended up not really being a lesson. It was fun, but a little frustrating. However one of the friends ended up going to church with Jung Soon Eh. So I guess God Moves in a Mysterious Way! That would be ideal as well if we could get them both because then they would already have a friend at church! So hopefully it all works out!
So I forgot it was Dad's birthday. So a few memories. First, when Dad cut down the trees in our backyard. He was a man with tree spikes and a beard. Second, playing walleyball and racquetball and losing a lot (me not him.) Third, hanging out with him on the weekends when I was the only child. Like going to get pizza or soda and watch sports. Or watching movies or whatever it was. It was a party. Fourth, just how he always treats mom is a great example to me. So yeah! Happy Birthday!  Let's see. This week since Handy Choice had to wait to get confirmed so we met with him most days. He is sweet. He opened up a little bit more with us the other day. He emailed me too and called me "Elder Sabey, the Baptist" . Other than with him we didn't have too many lessons this week. But we stay fairly busy. Especially with ward events.

Also this week they had Pepero  Day.  It is those long sticks with chocolate on the end. Anyway it is like Korean Valentine’s day. So at district meeting the sisters gave us all some https://bay169.mail.live.com/ol/clear.gifhttps://bay169.mail.live.com/ol/clear.gifhttps://bay169.mail.live.com/ol/clear.gifhttps://bay169.mail.live.com/ol/clear.gifpeperos.


 So Dad, your birthday is one day away from a Korean Holiday!
We are planning on doing a little mini Olympics with our ward in a couple weeks to get the members to come out to some of the activities. So we are doing some minute-to-win-it type games. I thought of having a western shoot out thing only with cell phones calling the missionaries. Whoever calls the fastest wins. Haha. Or we might give extra points for signing up for practice lessons with us. I don't know. Fun game ideas or other ideas?
Also there are quite a few Philippinos who  come to Korea to work and earn money for their family. So they sometimes come to our church to play basketball. They come in  waves so they play for like 5 hours. It is pretty impressive. They seem like sweet people but we haven't been able to talk with them too much since we have English on Saturdays, and some other meetings. so that will hopefully be a future source of investigators.
We also got a referral this week as well. An American who left America kind of on the spur of the moment and is friends with one of the missionaries in our mission's sister. So now he is living in our area, can't speak Korean and hopefully is looking for purpose. We will visit him tomorrow. So pray for him and us.
I have been reading both the New Testament and Jesus the Christ. It is cool. I love how Christ was a real person with parents, a hometown, pain and friends. He like us had to come to know his potential and identity. That process allows us to live more fully and happily. I love you all. You are children of God. As are those in France and those members of ISIS. I just wish we all could grasp that more. I think so much would be different. Karl Pierson, ISIS, etc. I don't know that didn't make a lot of sense, but I think it is true.
Hurrah for Israel!
-- 
Elder Sabey








This is from Handy Choice

I am grateful to Elder Sabey, the baptist.

Your teaching of the Scripture inspired me 
and give me more reasons to learn about the words of God;
to love Jesus Christ, the Savior;
to be faithful in Him, and follow his teaching, and obey His commandments,
which is the manifestation of His love and infinite wisdom.


And
I still wish I have a chance to exchange photos as I had suggested;
don't forget your promise to let me have a digital copy of it.


May God bless Daniel Sabey, the baptist
and his family


Handy Choice



No comments:

Post a Comment