Wednesday, October 28, 2015

102815 Temple, food and Halloween

Hey everybody! 
This week was good. I probably start all my emails with that, but I just want those who only read the first line to know that I am good. :) 

For my birthday we went to a chicken place for dinner. It was delicious. Though my birthday started off a little rough. We were meeting with Joshua. We told him to meet us at the subway station. We showed up like a minute late. And since we were on exchanges I was supposed to have the phone, but I am not used to having the phone so I just left it in the apartment. Elder Kim also forgot his. So we just waited for like 20 minutes at the station. In the meantime he just went to the church. So by the time we finally went home and called him back it was too late to meet, and so that was a little rough. But he doesn't seem too offended. But it got better!  It was a good day. I also bought my self some orange juice and a milk shakeish thing to celebrate. 

I loved what Dia said in her email and I have felt that too. I often let my pride and Satan get in the way of unity or just relationships. It is hard because I want to be unified but I also sometimes I feel like my way in honestly better. So finding a balance between keeping unity and trying to like be more obedient can be hard. But just giving people the benefit of the doubt, or trying to see from their perspective is hard. 
My thought is just from what I read this morning, and from Elder Holland. Lord, I believe, help thou my unbelief. I want to believe and trust God perfectly, but I don't. I trust myself more. So I ask God to help my unbelief. That is powerful, and something I am working on.

On Thursday we went to the temple,
which is exciting by itself, but even more exciting because it is in the other mission so I got to leave the mission boundaries. Plus my bishop lives across the river as well, so this week we will probably have dinner with them, so I will go do the other mission twice in like just over a week. So that is exciting. Transfers are on Wednesday. Everybody meets at my church building and does the switch thing. Because we do the first 12 week program neither my companion nor I am getting transferred. Though one of the two sisters in the district is. So no big change for me. Our apartment stays the same. I will probably get the birthday package then, because I think they bring mail that day.

So the rest of Thursday was our P-day. We went and climbed most of a mountain near Seoul. It was beautiful, but a little foggy, so we couldn't see a lot of Seoul which you are supposed to. Climbing mountains is just a little bit of a different experience when the elevation isn't a big deal. You can just go a lot faster.

We had fun though. It was a pretty steep climb actually but most of the time it was really solid rock so not too dangerous. It is called 관악산 I believe if you want to look it up. I forgot my camera so I didn't get any pictures, somebody may forward me
hem though.


So both Mom and Dia asked about the food a little bit. I haven't fallen in love with Korean food yet, but I have never been like grossed out by it either. I think I am getting more used to it though, Ever restaurant gives free Kimchi as an appetizer generally with a few other things. The red sauce that is on Kimchi is like on most all of their foods. So most everything has a bit of spice. But nothing too crazy. It just means my nose stays cleared all the time. One of my favorite foods thus far is called like military soup. It comes from the Korean war. It is like ramen, vegetables, spam, and some other stuff in that red sauce soup. It is good. American soldiers would give the starving Koreans spam and probably some of the other ingredients, and they would add ramen. That is similar to kimchi soup, which is similar but just with Kimchi as the main ingredient. This probably wasn't what you were looking for, but my favorite food moment this week happened during district meeting. We got a call from some other elders and they said some guy was wandering around the church trying to find us to give us food. Eventually, after running around the church real quick, we figured out that a member had bought a big box of groceries for us but had the other elders’ phone number, and the delivery guy was actually in the parking lot. But we got a box with eggs and snacks and tomatoes both big and small and grapes and stuff. Plus I found out that we have a tab at a restaurant. That means we go to the restaurant and just put it on the tab and a member pays for it. I still haven't used it since we aren't supposed to use it much. But in another area they have like 5 and the members get offended if you don't use it. So I want to go there so time haha.

We also had a Halloween party on Saturday for the young single adults in the stake. We were put in charge of a game. We made that game where you put a tissue box on a belt and put ping pong balls in the box and people have to shake them out. It was fun. They had quite the party. Games cost money, and depending on how you did, you make money as well. The money is in form of candy. All the food for dinner cost money. So it was cool. They made a cool party, although nobody here really celebrates it. For English class we just talked about Halloween and where it comes from and what we do in America to celebrate it.

Handy Choice reads all of his assignments and always asks good questions. I am pretty sure he will get baptized in a couple weeks. We also are meeting with a Chinese lady who is just starting to learn English. She didn't come to church this week since she had to work, but she seemed to like reading the Book of Mormon and that is good. 
Hurrah for Israel, 
 Elder Sabey


·         © 2015 Microsoft

    

No comments:

Post a Comment